View Single Post
Old 08-21-2005, 03:01 PM

Default Re: Borg 5/10 - Top Two

Hi AJ,

[ QUOTE ]
most times you have to go broke. but he could be the kind of guy who is aggressively selling you an image. the kind of guy who says he's gonna mix it up with you but really is waiting to get the nuts against you because you think he's crazy. against that guy you can make a tough laydown because he has you crushed. but there are enough of the actually crazy guys that if you can't tell the difference you're probably going to have to go broke.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very well said. I agree with this if you can rebuy to cover if you lose and if he won't quit soon if he gets 5 grand in front of him.

But, this game has a 1K max buy-in, and we don't know if he'll quit if he gets 5K. Plus, there is a pretty good chance that it's close even if we're currently ahead. Plus, the guy just showed a bluff (actually a semi-bluff, so we don't know if he'd make this play with a stone-cold bluff), and he knows we know this.

I'm going to quietly give this hand up, if I can't get a physical read. I'll do this because I feel confident that this guy will give me all of his chips eventually in a spot where I'm just about positive I have him nearly dead. In this hand, if you're behind, you are way behind (to a straight, or worse, to a set). If you're ahead, he probably has between 5 and 9 outs (twice). I'm not gonna go off with top 2 just because this dude showed me a semi-bluff and said he's gunning for me.

I will rarely "wait for a better spot" in a cash game, but if the 2 criteria in the 1st paragraph are met, I will fold here a fair amount.