View Single Post
Old 08-21-2005, 04:22 AM

Default Re: Lay it down or double through to top 5 in chips?

I'm not going to tell you what I think of the play preflop, and just try to analyze what you two have done....(yes, I like post flop/turn pushes too, but

honestly...if I were to totally analyze this from his perspective...(and that'a a good way to look at it)

he's got something - maybe JJ - a decent hand but NOT probably a reraising hand - he bets on the flop and you raise.

Turn comes - he bets again - you just call - to him, this PROBABLY looks like you're scared - you pumped the thing twice and didn't get rid of him, so now you're backing down and just trying to see the river.

(remember the old rule - when you raise, they think you have AK - always remember that...)

River comes - no A or K (what he probably put you on) - so he goes for the big push thinking he can beat you even if you do call - and thinking you might with a middle pair or even AK as some will do if they think their opponent has no pair...

it takes a few seconds of analysis, but playing it over, from his perspective on what you have done, I'd think he was playing a big pair and thought he could just take it from your AK, and if he's lucky, get a call too - could he have called with A7 or K7 or 88 - well yah... Only you know by observing the players whether he would have done that, provided you're not new to the table.

who knows...personally, if I played it the way you did and had this choice on the river, I'd call - but of course, it don't cost no money even if you lose -

know what hand would work perfect here? - AQ offsuit - it's the kind of hand that's one of the few I'll not reraise with all the time - he calls the bets and is still trying some moves for the pot since he's first to act, and after the turn, - he puts you on AK and pushes all in on the river thinking you can't call if he's read you right...

RB