View Single Post
Old 08-21-2005, 04:21 AM

Default Re: Options trading any thoughts

to make $100/hr+ trading options apparently takes a bankroll far greater than what you need to make that money playing poker. were talking 6 figures from what i understand.

This is a little off the subject, but this is an AWESOME point. Not for this subject, but for all investing subjects. There are so many people who will post and want to know how much money they can make on something. 99% of the people fail to realize that the power of leverage can change the whole deal. Give a good poker player a day and he can have 1000% returns on his money. He might have only made $1/hour though. Let's say you buy real estate and the market only goes up 2% for the year following your purchase. You say: "that sucks, I could have made 10% in the stock market."

I say: But you only put 5% down, so you made 40% on your money.

It takes money to make money, but no one said it had to be your money.

Like he said, you might need $100,000 to make $100/hr. trading. Poker maybe someone needs $10,000. Real estate maybe someone needs $10.

Sorry for the rambling, been reading/researching wealth, real estate, financial stuff for 20+ hours this weekend. Just finished reading something about leverage, so when I read this it fit perfectly with what I was reading.