View Single Post
Old 08-21-2005, 02:31 AM

Default Re: 1 – 2 NL (200 max) at Turning Stone Hand #2

[ QUOTE ]
well like I said before, the only draw out there that didn't get there is your 10 8. If he had 6 4 on that flop it got there on the turn. and there was no flush draw on the flop. Unless he's calling these big bets with a gutshot or overcards...Is he that bad?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Yes he is.

[ QUOTE ]
Your push doesn't look all that suspicious when you consider that the pot is 250 bucks. It would really be about a pot sized bet. If i'm betting at this pot, it's going to be a lot more than 80....but if you suspect that the LP guy has TPTK and will call any bet, then i'm giving up as well.....this hand is totally read dependent really. I don't like the size of your river bet at all....it's basically begging to get called and isn't really putting someone with top pair to a decision....a guy with 10 9 is going to call here I think.

This boils down to the level of LP's donkitude....and the best way to get their money is with strong made hands, not bluffs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good points. It is all about reads and levels of donkishness. Although it would be mathematically correct for many hands to call given the pot odds, LP didn't ever seem to consider the pot odds, but rather seemed to think that 80 was a big bet, and both players spent an uncharacteristically long time thinking about the bet before making their decision.

I figured the only way I could win the pot was to bet at it, and the checks on the river gave me that opportunity. When choosing the bet size, I was figuring a value between 80 and 150 would be appropriate based on the players, and thought 80 would win the same amount but lose me less.

But I agree -- if I'm going to take a stab at this pot, a larger bet (push?) is in order. I didn't think that the extra amount would buy that much more folding equity, but in retrospect it would have been more appropriate.

-cj