View Single Post
Old 08-21-2005, 01:11 AM

Default When They Think You Are a Fish

Early in a session, the first hand I showed down was a pot checked to the river, when my opponent bet after five relatively low cards hit the board. I knew him well enough to know that would have check-called with an ace and that he would have bet previously had he caught any piece of the board. Given that he was overaggressive when opening on the button and could have anything, I felt it likely that I had the better hand more often than not and that I was justified in calling.

In one of the next few hands I showed down, I jammed the flop with bottom pair and a flush draw.

The combination of the two hands early in a session led to my having the table image of a complete fish. I am used to working with a tricky, LAG-y image and I encounter problems playing short-handed when I have a poor table image and I am not exactly going card dead, but I am getting a lot of hands that are playable, but barely so (imagine getting KTo on the button when it is folded to you and the blinds are somewhat loose).

Any thoughts on playing short-handed against what would normally be a profitable set of aggressive but not that smart opponents if you have a very poor, fishy table image (which is inaccurate)?