View Single Post
Old 08-21-2005, 12:10 AM

Default Re: Lay it down or double through to top 5 in chips?

Top pair pairing is scary. I think you need to decide whether you're behind or ahead and act accordingly. You either call/check small bets and fold to big action or you raise on the turn.
Did your weakness induce the river action? Maybe. Did the guy call w/ his big stack w/ a suited connector or something like a7, k7?

With a huge bet, you're probably either really ahead or really behind.

I'm folding here unless I have a really strong feeling that I shouldn't. I'm kind of a vagina in these types of situations. It's usually a bad idea to call an all in, but the guy really looks like he's not wanting you to call. If he's tricky, I fold for sure. If not, I have a real decision.

Knowing the other guy is really important and could easily break what is a difficult decision here. What does his turn bet mean? I usually blow off such bets by people in 1-2 nl as they're drawing and just act as I would have had the person not bet at all. I'm right with this decision at least 90 percent of the time, but more often in ring games. Figure out what that means and you'll know what to do. Guy could easily have an overpair or a set or just be bullying.

The more I think about this hand, the more I'm convinced the other guy has a smaller overpair. Doesn't seem like 88 either. Why would he bet so big when you look not so certain to call with your weak turn call? He could be thinking the river all in would look funny, but it looks a lot more to me like he doesn't want a call.