View Single Post
Old 08-20-2005, 11:21 PM

Default Re: I hate Arnold Spee

I played on a table with Arnold Spee in the main event on the first day for about 4-5 hours. I didn't think he came across that well in the WPT event, but I thought he was a really good guy at the WSOP. He had very good etiquette and was a generally a friendly, nice guy. Was he confident in his game? Sure, as much as necessary to play good poker and be an intimidating opponent.
So what if he thinks he was fated to win? Maybe he had a feeling and it worked out.

As for respecting Ivey, of coursre he respected him. But, you don't win poker tournaments treating other players like they're gods. You have to believe you can win, regardless of who you are and whom you're against. Ivey's not a god and makes mistakes just like everyone else. I don't care if Lederer says he's the "best player of a generation."

After I busted out, Spee told me the only thing that made me feel better. He said this guy that was running ridiculously good was something "he'd never seen in 3 years as a pro." It was something I'd never seen before in over a million hands.

You may not like him from what you saw on tv, but I thought he was a pretty good guy after spending some time playing poker with him in person.