View Single Post
Old 08-20-2005, 07:14 PM

Default Re: running bad: stat question

[ QUOTE ]

I don't know what to tell you man, only you can evaluate your own play. Perhaps your form of tilt is to showdown bottom pair and/or Q high on a regular basis...dunno.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't think it's so much what i'm showing down, as it is how i'm getting there.

when i run bad, and it seems like i'm getting checkraised on every turn, i think start turning into a pussy and not betting turns when i should with marginal but vulnerable hands, trying to ensure i get to showdown in case the guy's bluffing...

i used to bet a ton, hardly ever checking through the turn after a PFR and flop bet, and that sort of worked, though it probably wasn't optimal. lately i've been trying to check turns more in appropriate spots, but i think i'm probably starting to overdo it especially when i run bad. and i hardly ever fold the river with my ace high after showing weakness on the turn, so i probably should be betting more turns so i don't have that tough river decision.

i probably also call with ace high way too much after going to the river with my overs or whatever draw, thinking the pot's big and my ace high might be good even though i got checkraised on the flop and faced a turn and river bet...

anyway, i'm gonna try to post hands that involve these situations. thanks for the comments everyone.