View Single Post
Old 08-20-2005, 05:51 PM

Default Re: Was this a angle shoot or good metagame

[ QUOTE ]
How do you adjust your play super tight i assume?

[/ QUOTE ]

From a preflop stand point it plays a lot like a NL game most of the time. A PF RR of $150 generally means AA, KK or the odd QQ or AK hand. I mix up my game depending on the skill level of the table. If I have a table full of inexperienced players I have to play pretty tight as there is little or no chance of bluffing or semi-bluffing to take down a pot. But if the skill level of the players is higher (it is more times than not) then a strong metagame yeilds lots of nice pots. I am seen as a player that is so tight I squeek, in reality I am somewhere between TAG and LAG.

Where it weired is when you see a flop for $20-$50 PF with 6-9 people. That is when you really have to a good hand reading skills and pot control skills and player reading skills. It is not fun to suddenly which to limit skills in mid hand because the pot is larger than you can bet.

The game has a lot of variance too. Last night I was up as much as >$2000 and ended up leaving with less than a buyin... [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]