View Single Post
Old 08-20-2005, 10:28 AM

Default My current point system (for this year)

I was pushing participation more than results when I designed my current system, because the difference between 1st and last can often depends on the whims of the poker gods on one hand. How about this- first hand of tournament, AA3 board, you hold AK. All of the chips go in on the flop, they have AQ. Neither of you played badly, right?
Queen comes on the river. "Suck out artist" :P goes on to take 3rd place. Is he 40 points "better" than you are? What if Phil Ivey was the AK?

Anyway, here's my system. I was making it simple, plus thinking that a player who comes to 6 tourneys is more "valuable" to our group than one who comes once and wins the tourney.

(Tourneys of 4 or less get 10 points for all player, +10 1st place )
10 pts- Bottom 1/2 of non-cash
15- Top 1/2 of non-cash (Bubble +2 points, for 17 total)
20- Cash place prize winners (below 3rd)
25- 3rd (-5 for 3 places paid, -10 if 2 paid)
35- 2nd (-5 for 3 places paid, -10 if 2)
45- 1st (-5 for 3 places paid, -10 if 2)

For us, 8 players pays 3 places, 12 pays 5, 17 pays 6. We may change the 25-30% payment rule next season.

BTW, our big event where the points are used, along with the extra $3 fees that increase the prize pool, the points affect your starting stack size.
One tourney paid for and played, out first, you get T10,000.
The leader, who paid over 12 tournaments, will get around T46K based on their point total.