Thread: bad runs
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2005, 08:12 AM

Default Re: bad runs

Funny you should bring this up now...

I have lost (at least) 6 tournaments today because lousy players made terrible calls - one guy called a bet I made that was pot sized - I had KQ and had flopped top pair - he was loose - he had just won a pot with an all in (first hand of a freeroll) with small Ace... anyway, he called my pot sized bet of over 400 (we started with 1500 chips so this was a large portion of my stack for the second hand!) and all he had was AT... he scored an ace on the turn to beat me... why are people like that allowed in tournaments! ? lol

I am trying to laugh it off, because I know those people won't win the tournaments - at least, not on a regular basis - but when they keep winning and I keep losing - I make the right play and lose, they make the wrong play - terribly wrong - and get a miracle card - then I am left on the rail licking my wounds, and coming here to whine...

I think lousy players make me tilt more than anything else - and I wish I knew why I let it bother me so much...

Maybe it is because I can't "get my revenge" since I am often knocked out of the tourney, or at the least my stack is crippled to the point where I am not able to recover (and I am a very good short stack player - when I first started playing poker, I didn't realize the huge advantages to a big stack and I decided to learn how to play with a short stack, so I practiced it a lot - and it has paid off [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )

It makes me wonder if perhaps I am making bigger mistakes than it seems, but I am getting my money in with the best of it and it just hasn't been enough, all day long it has been sad story after sad story... Maybe I am not making mistakes - I am playing "perfect poker" - or at least trying to, and getting as close as I am personally able - but it still isn't enough... That doesn't mean I am giving up - I realize I have plenty to learn, and I still only consider myself in a poker apprenticeship, but I usually come in top 3 in tourneys I enter, and these beats are killing my confidence... Maybe I should just wait for perfect cards against these people ? no - wait - I had perfect cards - and I STILL got badly beaten [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

and yet, just now - another one calls my preflop raise with Q6 - I had AJ - my raise was half my stack, about 1/4 his - he managed a pair of 6s...

can I sigh now ? please ?