View Single Post
Old 08-20-2005, 02:08 AM

Default Re: Shorthanded-Limit Holdem Questions. Also lookin for mentor

[ QUOTE ]
In a shorthanded 6-max game limit holdem game, full table, is it worth trying to steal the blinds with low-mid suited connectors like 67s etc or is it just a losing proposition long-haul?

[/ QUOTE ]

It depends on who's in the blinds. Against your average low-mid limit 6-maxer though it's probably not a good idea, because people don't like to fold their blinds very often.

[ QUOTE ]

If I'm UTG or UTG+1 should i be mucking 7's and lower if the avg players in pot is 2-3?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, 77 is a raise. I like raising with 66 or 55 in EP sometimes too depending on the situation. But 77 I think you can raise UTG pretty much all the time.

[ QUOTE ]

If I'm in the BB or SB and a couple players are already limped in and I know they aren't folding for a raise, should I raise hands like AQs even though I'll be out of position rest of the hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely. Screw position, you have a lot of equity preflop with the obvious best hand

[ QUOTE ]

Mentor Wise: I am really just lookin for someone who I can chat with on aim here and there and ask basic questions like the ones posted above without having to come in front of a whole board and post it. Thanks a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't be afraid to post basic questions. This forum covers limits from micro to high, people are generally pretty helpful.

There are people who coach though if that's what you're looking for, and they're definitely helpful, but not free