View Single Post
Old 08-20-2005, 01:22 AM

Default Re: Nice post. n/m

[ QUOTE ]
Very good post, thanks for taking the time.

I agree with the stats somewhat as stats aren't everything. But stats do help identify leaks that otherwise would've taken alot longer to identify.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree that stats do explose leaks. and i use them. and yea, thats helpful. but i dont neccessarily believe that it would take a lot longer to find them. the fact is, you could play 22 as if it was AA and AA like it was 22 and your stats would be the same, but it would obviously be a big leak. i think the biggest leaks players have aren't how many hands they play but how they play them. but fixing how many hands you play is a lot easier.

and i am over emphasizing the other end of the spectrum in that stats are shown way too much on these forums. as an example of where i use stats, my vpip for 5/10 and 10/20 6max are around 25-26/ 20. i talked with another 2+2er whose stats are 29/19 and he is killing the game. so i'm not going to try and just increase how many hands i'm gonna play. i'm gonan ask him what hands he plays with 1 limper in front, or 2 limpers in front, what hands he defends/ completes from sb. etc. i will ask about groups of hands and be specific. that way i learn, and can experiment. the reason i'm adding hands is NOT to mimic his stats, but to mimic situations where he makes profitable plays

i'm glad you guys liked the post.

stealthcow-