View Single Post
Old 08-19-2005, 06:35 PM

Default Re: Having kids when you aren\'t wealthy....

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
IMHO there are two types of guys:
Guy number 1:
Guy is kind of douche baggish, but not that bad. He is just there.
Guy gets a girl, and sings the praises of how its great to have a gf/kids/etc. Of course he is pussywhipped.
Guy gets married too early.
Guy ends up being unhappy after awhile.
Guy gets divorced.

Guy number 2.
Guy is not a douche bag.
Guy is fun, outgoing, has lots of friends.
Guy sleeps with a bunch of chicks, but doesnt stick to one.
Guy ends up getting married later in life 30-40.
Guy lives to be 90 with his wife.

This is from my experience from my friends, and family that I have noticed. It just seems that all the 19-23 year olds who sing the praises of being in a relationship, and make sure you know about it are the ones that [censored] up later in life. Dont be that guy.

[/ QUOTE ] So this is a complete either/or? To not be a douche, you need to be fun, outgoing, and have lots of friends? I'm funny, but I don't arrange social gatherings & [censored]; that's somebody else's job. I need to be alone for at least 4-6 hours a day. Does that auto-paint me with the douche brush?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is obviously a gross generalization of two types of people. If the OP of this comment is implying that there are *only* these two types or even that there are *mostly* these two types, then it would follow that OP is claiming that most guys who get married under 30 get divorced among many other claims which are IMO likely to be false.

I don't know what the divorce rate is these days, and I've heard some shocking numbers, and I'm too lazy to google it, but I certainly wouldn't label most or all of my married friends as doomed to divorce.

Or myself, for that matter.