View Single Post
Old 08-19-2005, 04:42 PM

Default Re: Do fish realize they are fish?

There is certainly a class of fish that knows that they are fish. I am often in this group.

I know how to play a pretty decent game of poker. I can muck AQo to a tight raise and 3-bet it against a LAG. When I'm playing my A game, I muck the little pairs and Axs upfront and loosen up in back when there are limpers. I raise my good hands and don't cold-call raises.

I don't end up playing my A game very often. It is very dull, and the money isn't going to change my life. I play in a Brick and Mortar card room about 3 times a month. I drink some beer. I didn't come to fold all night [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

My hand selection criteria when I'm drinking: Any two suited, any pair, any two broadway cards, any two connected, almost any hand on the button or in the blind.

I usually lose when I play this way. However, I get to play alot of interesting hands, and get into situations that I haven't played 100 times before. I rarely have any doubts about the proper play when I'm holding AA. Flopping bottom pair with a back-door flush draw and a gutshot makes for some interesting decisions, though.