View Single Post
Old 08-19-2005, 03:56 PM

Default Re: settle this holdem debate

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I rarely question my friends play, as he is probably the best limit holdem player ive played with,

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd hate to see the worst player you've played with. Exactly what type of flop was he really hoping for when he called preflop? If he's going to fold on this flop, he shouldn't have even called preflop. Actually, he should just cash out and go to a smaller game.*

This is an easy call. Hell, if there were more in there he should be jamming it himself.

*Sounds like your friend is letting the money dictate his play a little. But it does sound cool when he can say he plays 30-60. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

b

[/ QUOTE ]

I think your analysis is completely wrong. My friend rarely plays as low as 30/60, although he has been playing more lately as he says the 30/60 games are very good right now. Typically, he is playing anywhere from 60/120 to 200/400, so the money at 30/60 means nothing to him, but he does make many un-orthodox plays. A few days ago, in a similar 30/60 game I saw him put in the 4th bet on the turn heads up out of position with 8h9h on a Jh7h6x2x board, the board paired on the river and he led the river and the guy folded.