View Single Post
Old 08-19-2005, 01:44 PM

Default Re: Having kids when you aren\'t wealthy....

[ QUOTE ]
i have alot of respect for my parent and other people who raised kids on meager salaries.

but i also think its insane.

if you are rich, then you can have kids and still have freedom. you dont have to be a slave. your wife can pile a bunch of [censored] in a shopping cart and you dont have to think much about it. hell, i dont even know how anyone can have a wife without being rich when you consider how apt they are at burning money, and how many added expenses come along with a girl.

[/ QUOTE ]

One of the biggest factors in deciding to have children for me, was age. I wanted to be a young dad, and wanted to be the dad that doesn't drop his kids off at the beach or skatepark, but the dad that is dropping into the halfpipe along side my son! I am now 35, and took my sons to Costa Rica this summer to go surfing. We have a half pipe in our driveway, and I am taking my son to Green Day next month. I was broke when I had my first of 4 children, but the difference between you and me is that I had 100% confidence in my ability to provide a good life for my children. The number one factor that drove me to be successful in business, was my children. I make 500% more money than I would if I were not married with children. My wife and I have a balance between children, and our own lives. We are not slaves to our children. Your priorities change with children, yes, but they are not the only factor in your life.

If I had waited until I had enough money to have children, I would still be waiting and making 35K per year in a xxxxxxx job. My advise to you is do not have kids.