View Single Post
Old 08-19-2005, 01:28 PM

Default Re: 4 racks of chips not enough?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why would you want to slow down the game playing with white?

Are your suggesting the 4-8 be played with white as well? I've played 4-8 this way and the game is much slower than using the $2 chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

4/8 with white is the nuts. Its not slow at all (now, I'm not talking FW, but this is how Canterbury runs it). Now, if you've got morans who don't know how to count 4 chips, then 8 chips, maybe it'll go a little slower, like one hand per hour less, but that's not much to give up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Basically, any limit game with a single chip denomination where the small bet is 4 chips and the big bet is 8 chips rules. Big pots, big pyramids, spray.

[/ QUOTE ]

I absolutely LOVE 4/8 with the whites (blues). Lets move some chips!! I especially love it when the dealer has trouble pushing that 30 BB pot to me and I miss the action for the next 4 hands while I stack it all up. 4-rack buy-ins are awesome. Way more fun splashing the tokes around. I play online if I want to be efficient.

Oh yeah, and then there's the two-hand BigBet tell...gotta look for the two-hand BigBet tell ("I'll just place these two little oreo cookies out here"...)

And of course the turn-raise tell...does villain efficiently pump down 4 perfect small stacks, coyly slide out a 20 and peel 4 off the top, confidently bellow out "sixteen!", or use the tricky 5+5+5+1 that lets you know you are REALLY in trouble.

Even better is when it's 4/8 with 6/12 overs or the whole table just decides to go for 6/12.

I wholeheartedly agree with sfer...it's all about the chips.