View Single Post
Old 08-19-2005, 01:19 PM

Default Re: WSOP Main Event - Me VS Mel Judah

Things I don't like about the hand.
1) You are isolating yourself against a very good player, out of position with a crappy hand. I'd be more inclined to raise here with KJo against a crappy internet qualifier, Mel Judah is not a donkey.

2) You did not CB the flop. I think if you want to be able to bet out when you miss on flops, you need to bet out here. Not to mention, you to define your hand better by betting.

3) I can accept the flop check, its good to mix it up now and then, but why check the turn? Very often this will look like a bluff with an AQ or lower pocket pair, betting at Judah because he hasn't shown strength yet. Then you said this:
[ QUOTE ]
WHy check again and risk giving a free card?
Because he will call if I bet making a larger that I dont want to be unless it actually gives some info on the opponents hand. 2 If he has a high spade and I check twice the majority of the time he will bet.
3 If he has a flush I can find out on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont understand the first part of that sentence. Other than that, why do you think he would take a free card on the flop with a big spade, but bet the turn? Plus, you have already said you think he has a small pair, so I have no clue where you got the big spade idea from.

Then you said this [ QUOTE ]
He bets the turn and I CR twice his bet. He thinks for a wile and calls. At this point I thought I had the best hand and was up against a possible flush draw or KQ maybe with a possible Qs.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you are giving him odds to chase with a worse hand? If you were check raising to get more value out of his lone spade draw, then you should actually raise more so that he is paying the wrong price to draw. Also, I don't thing KxQs is very likely given the way it played out, I dont see him checking that behind on the flop, but I could be wrong.

Your hand is strong on the flop, and very strong on the turn, I think you need to be getting more money in there.