Thread: Limit O/8 Hand
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2005, 11:29 AM

Default Re: Limit O/8 Hand

[ QUOTE ]
10/20 Mixed game. This round is O/8. Players are way too loose and love to chase. I open with a raise with A245s. Button calls, SB calls, everyone else folds. Flop is AA3, two diamonds. I don't have a diamond draw. SB bets. This means he has an ace and he will not fold his ace no matter what. I just call. Button, a bad player who has no clue, calls. Turn is a 5, completing the flush. SB bets, I again call, Button calls. River is a black 7. Sb Bets, I raise and button folds unfortunately. SB calls.

Not sure if I should have raised sooner (the flop?) and probably just called the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Raise the turn, on the flop you're definately behind, although you equity is sizeable. With the flush and the low hitting, loose players have a lot of reasons to stick around (guys with the flush will think you maybe have the low, guys with the same low will think you have a flush). More to the point, the guy with the ace will peel one off. You can't make players pay for their draw once the river card has hit. So making them pay on the turn is extremely important.