View Single Post
Old 08-19-2005, 06:57 AM

Default Re: WSOP final table hand

Tough Hand. I'd run pretty much all analysis through HoH, vol. 2. I move in on the flop so I either have the best hand or a chance to suckout.
Chances of the best hand are good. Your M is less than 10 so you really want in and out of this hand quickly. All in vigorish is pretty high here. I also think any preflop raise on your pot commits you to this pot. Acting first I think you have to go all in and just see what happens. 2 overcards is really scary, one isn't a nightmare. You're shortstacked and the pot (for you is big). I think it's the time to take a chance. Your giving Tex an exit.

Your pf raise suggested a lot of strength and Tex should have picked up on that. I think he's calling with a quality hand. With you checking to him, it's too tempting for him not to take a chance even without aa or ak. He might have even had a holding like jj and thought he was good. His bet was a solid amount, looking like it invites action. It could mean anything. How Tex perceives you is really important here. I'm guessing at this point your table image is tight. Given what a tough situation this is, I think more information would help make the best decision.

What range of hands do you put Tex on? You could run the approximate probabilities of each hands multiplied by how you fare against them and if you're ahead (assuming at least a ten percent chance Tex is simply bluffing) and if you look like you're ahead, push in. Absent a read, we all know that's what Gus would do. Of course, who wants to play the WSOP like Gus? :P

Anyway, I feel silly armchair quarterbacking this one. You did way better in the ME event than me and I have no idea what sort of play I could make in your situation, televised, super high money final table and all with no Mike Matusow to keep me company. Congratulations.