View Single Post
Old 08-19-2005, 04:41 AM

Default Re: WSOP final table hand

Arrrgghhh I hate the spot you are in.. It's very hard to answer a question like this due to the mindboggling stakes, but I'll give it a go.

Preflop - I'd prefer a limp/push or an open push. QQ is going to be a tough hand to play postflop when your pf raise pretty much commits you to the hand. You are going broke to a bigger PP no matter what, and with your chip position a coinflip isn't so bad. You also might get a call from a hand like 77-TT, and these are hands that will be hard to double through after the flop, unless of course they overtake you.

Flop - This is so tough because there is always the possibility that you are going to put your money in drawing to two outs. Still, your chip position is such that you don't have enough room to be making these types of folds. I'd get my chips in on the flop hoping that he hasn't outflopped me. Since you still have a little FE if Tex puts you on a monster hand, I like a checkraise allin. There aren't any draws where Tex would call off in that spot that he wouldn't have if you open pushed.