View Single Post
Old 08-18-2005, 10:20 PM

Default Re: Using ALL CAPS doesn\'t strengthen your position

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
that you MUST recuse yourself

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

Mat doesn't seem to think he needs to do that, and neither do I. If he ever starts behaving in an unfair manner, that's an entirely different situation. But unless that happens, there is absolutely no reason for him to do what you suggest just for the sake of things appearing to be more fair.

He is fair, and that's all that really matters.

Myrtle, I don't know what your problem is with seemingly every moderation decision that ends up with a ban, but it's time to let it go. If you have a problem with the way MMMMMM does things, you should have an even bigger problem with virtually every other moderator on this site, because he is easily one of the most fair mods on 2+2.

[/ QUOTE ]

AC,

My problem here is based around abuse of power. I have taken issue with one other moderator surrounding that issue. Your above statement implies that I have had more. For the record, that is untrue.

For the record:

I also happen to believe that M is a damned good moderator. I am not impugning his character or intent.

I am disagreeing with his rationale in this case.

I have not as yet seen any argument advanced that has addressed that issue in a way that has caused me to change my mind.