View Single Post
Old 08-18-2005, 05:13 PM

Default Re: Who do you pick in the 2nd Round Pick FFB

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, I'm the guy who voted TO. In other news, I like DD, I guess. I'm just not sure about taking him over Portis though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Portis scared a lot of people off last year -- The Skins O is ugly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. But I think they'll improve, as they did at the end of the year. That line has a ton of potetntial--if they stay healthy. BUt, yes, the WRs are a question. That Coles for Moss trade was awful dumb for the Skins and awfully [censored] great for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't agree more on the Coles/Moss deal. That was a head-scratcher. Portis still had serviceable numbers last year, but most took him top-4, where you're looking for more than serviceable. This year he'll be taken last 1st/early second in most cases, which is probably more appropriate for what you can expect for his projected performance.

[/ QUOTE ]

With 2003 Pro Bowler Jon Jansen back from injury to bolster the O-line, would Portis become more of a sleeper if there is such a thing in the 2nd round?

[/ QUOTE ]

While Portis certainly was affected by the O-Line problems in DC last year, it seems to me that Gibbs doesn't run a system that is suited to his abilities. To me, he's hurt more by a poor fit than personnel.