View Single Post
Old 08-18-2005, 02:09 PM

Default Re: can Heads Up be profitable in the long term?

Of course HU can be profitable in the long term. In fact, it certainly can be very profitable.

I recently have been playing a lot myself on Stars and have had discussions with other 2+2ers as to the profitability of just HU.

The main drawback is that one simply can't multitable them effectively. One's margin of victory starts getting sliced up a *ton* to the point where if playing higher stakes HU, playing even 2 tables is likely less profitable for just about everyone.

The good news is that you can play several per hour even single tabling if you play NL Hold 'Em and the opposition is pretty awful. I don't think it's unreasonable for a very good HU player (not me) to win at a 60% clip (20% ROI) even up to the $50 or $100 level. At the lower buyins I think a bit more can be acheived.

It's reasonable to get in 3-4 per hour (NL Hold Em anyways) and thus can match STT multitablers in terms of profitability....

There is way more goin' on in HU too, btw....it's a much richer game in many ways, IMO.

Yugoslav