View Single Post
Old 08-18-2005, 01:07 PM

Default Re: Comment on AGGRO pf-style!

I play 6-max, and here's my thoughts:

[ QUOTE ]
Please add your wisdom to the following thoughts on preflop play!

Basic idea - often take the lead or be out. Only play marginal hands in position.

Never open-limp. Always come in for a raise.

Looks fine to me, if I'm the first in the pot, I almost always come in for a raise, EXCEPTIONS being 22-55

"Never" cold call a raise as first caller. Either Reraise OR fold. Exception - weakling with big stack raised, then a call with a marginal hand may be OK.

I feel its fine to cold call - especially if I'm on the Button with only the blinds behind me. I'd probably cold call with 66-1010, and low/medium suited connectors if the raiser also has a deep stack

Only limp in with selected hands (low pairs; Axs; sooted connectors) when in LP and there are 2+ limpers in before you; possibly also in MP when table is passive behind you.

I don't limp Axs, I actually usually fold them, and I'll limp with a lot of suited connectors, one-gappers, and some suited broadways from LP (but I'm usually raising those)

Blinds - conservative and tight.

Depends - if someone's been raising on the Button a lot, I'll pop in a re-raise with more hands than usual, even with something like AJo or 99

Please comment on the merits and drawbacks of this approach!

Thanx,
jaxz

[/ QUOTE ]