View Single Post
Old 08-18-2005, 03:30 AM

Default Re: football summer transfers

[ QUOTE ]
I heard Owen might be picked up by Lyon.

Baptista and Robinho are a HUGE waste of money. Im not sure why Raul, Ronaldo, and Owen were not enough...but hey, wtf do I know. Im going to miss Figo. I saw Real this past July at the Home Depot Center. It was certainly the highlight of my summer. Cant wait for the season to start!

[/ QUOTE ]

madrid possibly selling owen is a major mistake for them. What else could you want from the guy last year, they bring him off the bench almost all the time and he still was second on the team in goals behind ronaldo.

It would be interesting if he goes to Lyon. They just signed John Carew this summer and I think that they finally want to make a splash in europe and a gunner like owen would be great for them.

Newcastle is very interesting as getting owen could very well save souey's job. There has been a lot of takeover talk at Newcastle and it is certainly no garuntee that the new group that might be buying newcastle would want souey as the gaffer. They also haven't replaced all of the spots they lost in the close season, though they did add some real quality with getting emre and scott parker, but I don't think that its enough to challenge for a champions league spot in the prem this year.

on another note, ManU looked real good against everton and it really looks like Ruud is back to his old form before his injury plagued season last year. Now if we can get Ballack like has been rumored then I really like how ManU will shape up this season(I know, we are fighting for second)