View Single Post
Old 08-18-2005, 02:04 AM

Default Re: a question on Variance

[ QUOTE ]

The only time I get pissed about variance is when I've been faced with an onslaught of really marginal situations, and lose big. I'm never too sure if swings like that are due to my poor play or are simply bad luck. I try and stay away from the more marginal situations when I'm losing, since I find myself less able to judge my player reads properly. A subtle form of tilt, but I think more costly than playing somewhat improperly.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what gets me to tilt big time. I dont tilt at all from bad players that suck out on me regardless of how many time s it happens.

I tilt for the opposite reason. I tilt when people are not paying me off with my legitimate hands and are correctly folding onthe flop. I tilt when im getting outplayed. Or losing many marginal situations in a row. Thers nothing worse IMO is when no one is paying u off and when someone finally is playing with u in a HU pot and they outdraw u. Its the worst of both worlds. Getting outdrawn HU when uve been winning shi tty pots all night sucks ass.

I have a problem with tilt when im playing higher limits and people play back at me probably because im used to the general passivity of lower stakes games. I guess ill definately need to work on that if i have any hope to be successful at higher limits.

Sorry if this came off as a bitchfest or badbeat post but what weevil wrote really struck a chord with me.