View Single Post
Old 08-18-2005, 01:39 AM

Default Re: K8s -- If I played ANY street correctly, let me know

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bad cr, you're probably behind to someone and you'd rather get everyone to call and build a pot, with the aggressor to your left. If you hit, you can c/r the field for two bets.

[/ QUOTE ]

I figured I was almost certainly behind, but I liked my draw.

FWIW, if there were an actual field, I think the flop checkraise would have more merit than it does in this 3-way pot. I'm closing the action if I call, so checkraising is the only way to get people to call again.

Getting 3-bet in a more multiway pot would still not be a particularly good thing, though. That 3-bet might drive people away (though that could at least have the benefit of improving my chances of winning).

I didn't really expect the 3-bet, though I probably should have.

I'm not used to 5/10 yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, there are four in the pot on the flop. You're probably only clearly vulnerable to the two nondiamond aces. So, if you're ahead, you're likely to stay ahead, so if CO doesn't bet, it's not horrible. And since he was the PF aggressor, he'll usually bet. And him 3betting shouldn't be surprising either I don't think, which further kills your action.

EDIT, er, I thought you had a pair for some reason along with the draw. I don't think you're taking this pot down on a semibluff, so the same logic applies I think.