Thread: KK hand
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2005, 10:16 PM

Default Re: KK hand

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
About how big do the stack sizes have to be before this wouldn't be a standard push? 50 BB? In this particular tournament, pushing probably wouldn't fold AK-AT and since my friend wasn't a short stack on the bubble, I thought not pushing preflop would try to cut down the chance he'd be busted w/out any money if the shortstack folds and the big stack calls and wins instead of getting

[/ QUOTE ]

if its this situation in the tournament and the blinds are on 100/200 (with no antes) and the guy calls and the reraise is to 600 I'd advocate a raise to say 1500-2000, the point is that although its similar to what you were suggesting the whole point is when you're raising to 3-5k with pocket kings you're getting yourself pot committed to the hand. I still don't mind a push in this position and blinds (100/200) in some ways if you're that bothered about the bubble making the money, but you have to get it out of your head about making the money. If you want to make money playing mtt's you're looking for first.