Thread: KK hand
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2005, 10:13 PM

Default Re: KK hand

I push here all day and all night.

Think of it like this, you don't know what to do on an aceless flop, thats reason enough to push it here with the 2nd best hand in poker. Lets assume for a second your opponent did have AA.

Flop T 5 3, your friend pushes
-he's out.

Lets assume your opponent has AT.
90% of the time he folds, the times he calls you're a massive favourite to become a large chip leader and go for first place. Its great getting in the money in this 40 person tournament, but lets assume the buyin is 100 bucks, first place is worth like $1400 when 5th would be like $300.

Lets assume your opponent has QJ, you push, he folds.
if you let him see a flop and he makes a straight draw, trips or two pair you're losing all your chips.

Lets assume your opponent has a high pocket pair but not aces, like QQ/JJ/TT. You push sometimse you get called sometimes he folds, when he doesn't you're 4-1 favourite, perfect, time to take a chip lead run over the table. with about 50k chips (or so it seems) in play that'd put you in an excellent position to take first place which is where all the money is.

Then lets assume your opponent has a lower pocket pair 95% of the time he folds and you don't give him a chance to set up.

the only option is push.

I don't see raising to 3-5k as an option, why get yourself pot committed? It just doesn't make sense to me.