View Single Post
Old 08-17-2005, 03:41 PM

Default Re: 109 QQ - How\'s my line?

I play the hand exactly the same way and happily call the river. You're only worried about the flush here, as PPs/sets normally raise the flop to protect their hand, and even if they took this line would likely check behind on that river. The flush often raises allin on the flop as well, making it less likely he actually has the goods here.

From his perspective, he sees someone raise PF, c-bet the flop, and then completely shut down on the turn and river. You're representing a whiffed AK or a petrified overpair, meaning he doesn't need much of a hand to make this bet. I call and expect to see AK/AQ, a stupidly played AJ, or an evilly played flush. Sorry if he showed you the latter, but I really think you have to make this call unless Villain knows your game inside out.

I don't block the river here (I rarely do anyway in any case on SNG stacks as your downside just isn't that painful) because a t200 bet combined with the turn check looks a touch too obvious IMO.

If someone wants to chime in on interpreting bet sizes, please do, as I'm still a complete rookie in this regard. Level 1 thinking is, he bet big, he just wants to take it down. Level 2 would be: he's betting big, and he knows I know it looks like a bluff, so its probably not a bluff.

Basically what I'm saying is I'd need a pretty good read to fold here. If you told me that there's no way he has AK/AQ/AJ here after your flop bet, then I think I could find a fold as he'd likely check behind on the river to showdown whatever made hand he has as cheaply as possible. Likewise, if he knows you're capable of inducing and looking up massive bluffs, then I could let it go, etc etc.