View Single Post
Old 08-17-2005, 11:35 AM

Default Re: AA in early tournament

I think preflop is good.

On the flop I don't mind betting out, I would have bet 200-225, but no big deal. Once you're called, you need to decide if you're willing to go to the felt with this hand. I think this just depends on your feeling. My guess is, being a Party $2, there are 1000s of players, so chip accumulation is very important. Also, plenty of players will stack off with hands other than JJJ here. I'm willing in this situation to get all the chips in the middle.

But the best way to do that is to let your opponent put them in. Why? Imagine he has TT or QQ or something like that (AK, 22, QT and numerous other possibilties this early in a $2.) You're blowing him off a lot of hands by pushing the turn. You pretty much are only getting called by JJJ and in some cases a king. AK surely calls. But by checking, you show weakness, and may convince him to push, either as a bluff, or thinking incorrectly he has the best hand. If he checks behind, I would bet 300 or so on any river. I would call a push, and I would push over a non-allin bet.

This isn't how I'd play it in the WSOP ME, but with this many players, this many bad players, this fast structure, and easy constant availability to fire up another if you bust, I'm looking to double up.