View Single Post
Old 08-17-2005, 10:27 AM

Default Re: AA in early tournament

You can't really expect too much serious play at a Party's $2 MTT, but you can at least try.

I would raise to t100 preflop to show I'm serious and get some real value from the hand.

I would check this flop almost always. You don't need to protect your hand against anything except for a 2-outer draw to a boat. So, you're either way ahead or way behind. There is no reason to even think that no one has a Jack - best keep the pot smaller for now and collect bets later.

I'm betting any turn, or smooth calling a bet form my right for really the same reasons as above. This way you save part of your stack in case someone does have a Jack and you get maximum value from a bluffer or a good second best hand, like KT or something like that.

I'm calling any bet on the river, but I'm not raising. If it's checked to me, I'll either fire off a small bet or a big bet depending on the Villian.

All in all, you are either way ahead or way behind. It's best to play hand like this passively since you have nothing to protect. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind getting all my chips in the middle here - it's simply a fact that passive play will induce an all-in from a wider range of hands we beat than aggressive play.