View Single Post
Old 08-16-2005, 07:28 PM

Default Re: Either I can\'t adjust my play or i\'m cursed, you tell me (long)

Very thankful for all the quick responses.

Firstly, my bankroll is about $5k which I thought was sufficient for 1/2. Again, this is the only game i've ever played so many sessions against the same 8 players and lost in, but they are infinitely more loose than anyone else I see. The stacks get so big because it's basically an all in fest for the first hour resulting in a few $500 stacks then the losers proceed to keep going all in with their $100 rebuys to try and catch up. There is a new chipleader every ten hands. Also while the table starts with about $800 in play, there is over $8,000 in the room.

"One thing you neglect to mention is whether the other players play well post-flop. If they are aware at the table, then they know exactly what you told us - That you only play super-premium hands etc..and they use that against you. You may be blinded by your lack of perspective."

Well you can be guaranteed to end up all in on 75% of your flops you see if you want a showdown, so the answer is that every one of them are ultra aggressive. They are very aware I am waiting for premium hands, yet pay no attention if the flop is AK3 and they have k 10 and i'm in the pot they will call anything I bet.. I just don't know what it is my stack has never gone higher than $250 or so at this table. If I hit top pair with an ace king or queen kicker I usually assume I have the best hand... and am usually wrong despite watching middle pair bottom pair and ace high win pot after pot. It is very confusing. Players who I have seen turn over nothing better than top pair mid kicker all night long always seem to suddenly turn up straights or boats on me. On the other hand, I was observing the table the other night and watching one player's hole cards with his consent. He had K 3 spades and called $20 preflop. Flop was three spades, queen high. UTG bet $40, my guy raises to $80, button goes all in for $120 more, and my guy folds without even _thinking_ about it. Button showed the ace high flush. I couldn't believe this insanely loose aggressive call with anything player just laid down that hand, so I really don't know what to think. I usually go in there with around $1200. I could give specific hands but they are all things like KK vs. 5 3 and j 7 for $40 preflop and 5 3 makes straight on the flop without the ace, AJ vs A3 for $20 preflop and flop is j 3 3, etc. And very little play involved because I raise so much preflop and usually have only the shitty $100 buy in in front of me. But always against completely impossible to put on hands.