View Single Post
Old 08-16-2005, 05:49 PM

Default Re: What did I do right and wrong here?

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with everything you have written here. The two lines are not interchangeable. However, they both are designed to get the most bets in.

Which line you use depends on the turn card and opponent. Here, I will concede that bet/call, check/raise is better. However, the intention of my original post was, "get more bets in on the flop and turn," not that you must use that exact line.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, I can't believe someone actually read my post carefully and responded politely. Kudos to you, sir.

If I could have figured out a way to get more bets in on the flop/turn, I would have! I just don't think against villian's range that I could have done much better. Maybe he would have gone to war on the flop with me with QQ/JJ/KK, but the chance that he folds AK is bad news for me. And I think he shuts down with QQ/JJ on the turn, probably.

I dunno, this was a very tough hand. I'm glad at least a few posters recognize that it wasn't a series of easy decisions, there was a lot to think about, and that the best way to play it against this particular opponent is quite open to discussion. A discussion where reasonable people can disagree without being jerks about it.