View Single Post
Old 08-16-2005, 04:32 PM

Default A hand I sweated - QTo

I was watching my friend play 2 tables and talking to him about the hands after showdown.

Background: A few hands ago SB bet an open-ended draw into my friend when he had a set. He bet/called the flop, bet/3-bet the turn when he made his straight, and bet/3-bet the river when my friend filled up. He's been playing about 35% of his hands. UTG is loose and passive and hasn't done anything noteworthy.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: My friend is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, My friend checks.

Flop: (7 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(8 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">My friend raises</font>, UTG calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, My friend calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (8 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets...</font>

How has my friend done so far and what should his plan be for the rest of this hand?