View Single Post
Old 08-16-2005, 03:48 PM

Default Re: What did I do right and wrong here?

[ QUOTE ]
What Donnie is saying is that you missed some bets. If he had KK, you could get more out of him by bet/calling the flop and bet/3betting the turn, or using an alternative line. And he is right.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry but that's fuzzy thinking. Yes, that line might (might) get me an additional bet out of KK, but it loses bets to AK and QQ/JJ at mid limits. This is because people tend to give an EP raiser due credit for big pairs at those limits, and a rock like this guy will turtle if I make the utterly obvious move of calling the flop and donking the turn. And if I CR the flop I am in an even worse position to extract the max.

If I tailor my line to only KK, I am not playing against the villian's range of hands, which is what I should be doing here.

Again, I am not trying to argue, but I sometimes find that the critiques on here are unsound. I think, for what it's worth, that the possible mistakes I made here were not re-raising the river and not leading the turn, though I am very unsure about leading the turn when I know he'll bet that card even with QQ/JJ.