Thread: KKKK hand
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2005, 01:49 PM

Default Re: KKKK hand

[ QUOTE ]
WTF?

I'm not advocating this hand as a good one. I made a play. Would you never make a cold bluff, or call a min raise to enter a pot on the prospect of making one?

Its rare that I would try and do something like this, once in while. But notice that excellent conditions for a cold bluff exist here, since the table was 1) weak tight 2) I had a good image, 3) the stacks were deep enough, and 4) my hand has a good chance of having the nut card in it.

A play like this is profitable in a few ways. First, you can win some nice pots like this. Second, if you lose and show down such a hand, there are metagame benefits - you will get called more often, which can be a great thing when you are aware of it.

I think my play here has a lot more thought behind it than your flip response.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I make a bluff, it atleast has some chance of winning anyway. Your bluff started preflop, kept going on the flop, kept going on the turn and kept going on the river.
If i'm going to bluff, it's going to be with cards, that even if I get called can still win the pot anyway.
I would never call preflop with cards purely with the intention of bluffing, why not just play every single hand if you intend to do this?
You still win all the big pots by actually having good cards and getting called. Bluffing at pots does not win you almost nearly enough, so work on playing good cards.