View Single Post
Old 08-16-2005, 12:09 PM

Default Re: 4-way, flopped quads, with maniac in mix

[ QUOTE ]
BUT, one more than one occasion on these boards (here, for one), the conventional wisdom said not to raise a monster hand against someone aggressive. If he's on a bluff, we want him to continue the bluff and not beat him with the clue stick until he figures out that we have the best hand.

Obviously, this is results-oriented, but he was holding 10/8. Absolutely nothing. If I reraise him on the flop, I don't make a nickel from him the rest of the hand. Instead, I let him think he could bluff me out, and he gave me three big bets on fourth and fifth street (though why he called my river raise with ten-high baffles me).

Why is one situation different from the other? How can I assume he'll continue to jam the pot when I'm holding the megaphone to his ear and shouting "MY HAND IS BETTER THAN YOURS, DUMBASS!"?

[/ QUOTE ]

um he payed off your river c/r with Thigh, he's not folding at any point in the hand for 1, secondly Maniacs like to bluff-raise scare cards so odds are that he'd raise when the board double-paired or when the board 3flushed, allowing you to 3bet and he'd pay that off

you try and go to war with a maniac when you have a monster