View Single Post
Old 08-16-2005, 10:50 AM

Default Re: How playable is 5/10 full?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I disagree. 2-3 good tables every night. You just have to find then and reconsider what "good" means.

[/ QUOTE ]

Last week during my foray into 5/10 I was very picky with table selection. Most pots on most tables were two or three handed and I just stole the blinds a lot. Play was aggressive (although it was often retarded aggression) and limping was asking to be isolated. Fish with VPIPs > 40 were extremely rare; 3-bet reisolation of these players wasn't uncommon. How is this good?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been playing the 5/10 games for a while. The main difference is that a 27-28 VP is a good table. A 5/10 fish is anyone over 30, and they aren't that common. A lot of TAG, multitablers, but they're exploitable too. You can really run guys over. Its certainly made me a better player and there's more $ there than 3/6, but the games are nothing like the 24/, 3/6, even the 10/20 which seems *much* softer to me (after only a few thousand hands.)

Liek Sfer said, a "good" table on 5/10 is different from a "good table at another limit. But its still pretty good.