View Single Post
Old 08-16-2005, 09:59 AM

Default Re: NL Preflop Question #2

[ QUOTE ]

Easy fold given this hand range.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're skirting the core of the problem here, which seems to me to be the quesiton "Can judicious selection of which flops to continue with and which to fold on combined with the informational advantage of Villain's exact range and tendencies make up for the fact that you're putting in a small initial investment knowing full well that you're an underdog?"

Another example of this type of problem is the "Chris Ferguson Problem", discussed on RGP (and probably here as well, although I don't know of any threads off hand) and also outlined in Matt Matros's book - "Villain raises you preflop heads-up and accidentally flips over his hand, which is AA. Now you know what he has, and he knows you know what he has. What hands (if any) can you call with?" The answer may surprise you.*

If it was simply a question of "how well does AQ do against {AA-99,AKs,AKo}?", anybody with pokerstove can solve that in seconds, so it wouldn't seem to me to be of much interest.

*edit: also, assume stack sizes are enormous compared to the blinds and the raise.