View Single Post
Old 08-16-2005, 12:56 AM

Default Re: Get to showdown more? Prove it.

[ QUOTE ]
Raising the flop here gets you to showdown for 1sb cheaper, sometimes may fold a better hand (I know, pretty much never, but 1/100 is better than nothing.) Also gains you a SB when you hit an ace before the river. Also gains you a SB if he doesnt follow thru on a semibluff on the river. Basically, I like raising here fairly often, unless he is aggro and will 3bet a fair amount.

Not betting the river here is a mistake here as well. He obviously doesnt have a ten, a jack would PROBABLY give more action, but who knows..but still i think you see a 5, or maybe an ace a fair amount of the time here. Also 89, or maybe even other random junk.

[/ QUOTE ]

1.) OP says the villain has been playing back at him a lot. I take this to mean that a flop raise will be 3-bet a good bit of the time, both by legitimate and non-legitimate hands. I think this threat negates the possibility of a 1 SB cheaper showdown or any small amount of extra value.

2.) Per the river bet, looking at it again I agree with your assessment and I now like a bet best. You're right that we would have seen more action from a J or T.