Thread: $109s - JJ Hand
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2005, 12:40 AM

Default Re: $109s - JJ Hand

I can't understand how you could fail to raise the flop [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
You're very likely to have the best hand, but you are at the same time very vulnerable. By calling you put yourself in a crappy situation on the turn, as there are a lot of scary cards that can come up.

Since the villain is betting again and the flush draw, which is a very likely hand for villain, completed, I doubt that you're ahead on the turn. There aren't many hands that you beat that would reasonably play like this. AQo or AKo with one diamond, the other jacks and nines... Anything else? You do have some odds for your flush draw if villains is on an overpair or a set, but I don't think they're good enough since they can easily already have a bigger flush, or a bigger draw. I think you should fold. I think villain has very rarely something like AT or A8, which you beat, here.

Of course raising is an option which might sometimes make villain fold a better non-flush hand, but that's a lot more variance in terms of chips and I doubt that can be that much more +CEV than folding, if at all.