View Single Post
Old 08-15-2005, 11:15 PM

Default Re: Should You Quit Your Day Job? — Part I

The poker boom and going pro are not corelated. yes there is a boom obviously, but you are comparing it to the stock market tech bubble. Just cant happen that way. The expansion will of course slowdown, but before the tv boom, there were still new players coming into the game. as long as we breed and multiply, there will be new blood.
i was in the nutrition industry, which just finished a large boom and then a leveling out and shake-out. it doesnt operate in panic mode as say when your stocks are plumetting. Only the worst players get shaken out pretty fast, and for the rest it is slow death. that's what makes poker so alluring because, players are always questioning themselves as to "how good they really are" while the pros know really what it takes.
i dont advocate going pro unless you are able to play at limits 40-80 and above, but thats just me.
but you can get rich playing poker part time. the internet
makes it possible to play part time. if you can make as little as 600 a month, if you invest this money , you can retire quite well. If you can earn 10k a year on the side and invest it , well, you do the math.
good luck