View Single Post
Old 08-15-2005, 11:05 PM

Default Re: Still learning preflop plays....

If this was unsuited you'd have any easy fold. But because it's suited it makes things a bit more difficult.

Opp here is quite loose, but his aggression isn't that high. His pfr numbers are only slightly on the high side (although I suspect for 3/6 a 20% number is very high compared to the average player).

One thing I'd want to know is where his aggression numbers come from. Does he try to blind steal a lot or are is his blind steal number also about 20? If his blind steal number is significantly higher that means he plays position in his raises and you should give more credence to this particular raise, since he's not in a steal position. Another consideration is the number of hands that you're basing this on.

If I choose to play this (and I might, although it's close) I would tend to semi-cold-call and try to bring BB along. I want to jack the pot in case I hit. I want all the implied odds I can get. If there was a cold-caller in front of me I'd be much more inclined to play (better implied odds).

The hand is weak and speculative. You're out of position for the rest of the hand (even more so if you 3 bet). Nothing wrong with folding this and waiting for a better spot.