View Single Post
Old 08-15-2005, 08:13 PM

Default Re: Thoughts

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, I guess we'll do this.

[ QUOTE ]
These hands are interesting because I knew the general consensus would be "fold pf"

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you wonder why that's the general consensus?

[/ QUOTE ]

Read bottom

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
When I've sat for 20 hands and seen someone raise every hand they've entered with, and not go to showown once, with minimal aggression, that means several things. He's raising too many marginal hands PF, and not getting any value postflop, either by checking down or folding. I'm not giving up A10 against this player, you can do what you want. The flop play should then seem pretty obvious.

[/ QUOTE ]

15/5 and he's raised every hand he's entered the pot with? Howbout no. How is he playing too many marginal hands??? Not to mention this is after only 20 hands.

[ QUOTE ]
My implied odds are very good here, and I have position on the raiser

[/ QUOTE ]

True you have position on the raiser, as in, you act after him. But, your relative position is terrible. You'll be acting directly after the PFR so you wont be able to build big pots or take free cards or get paid off when you hit.

[ QUOTE ]
In an earlier post today, everyone was agreeing that pocket nines were a good hand to 3bet isolate a tight utg raiser. Now that is a clearly wrong play.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, that's the right play and what does that have to do with anything you did?

[/ QUOTE ]

As I said earlier in this post, people here are way too tight in the wrong places, and too loose in the wrong places. These hands are decent examples of loosening up when it is correct to do so, and the pocket nines example was a clear example of being too loose in the wrong place. Hopefully some people found something interesting here, /thread on my part.