View Single Post
Old 08-15-2005, 07:26 PM

Default Thoughts

These hands are interesting because I knew the general consensus would be "fold pf" with a few people agreeing the postflop play was right, others not. When I've sat for 20 hands and seen someone raise every hand they've entered with, and not go to showown once, with minimal aggression, that means several things. He's raising too many marginal hands PF, and not getting any value postflop, either by checking down or folding. I'm not giving up A10 against this player, you can do what you want. The flop play should then seem pretty obvious.

In the second case, two people had posted, and in almost any 2/4 game I've played, someone willing to post where those two did and not wait for the blinds, they're not going to be folding for one bet when a sizable pot is brewing. My implied odds are very good here, and I have position on the raiser. Do what you want, I think this is boringly standard. (EDIT: er, for some reason, I thought the button was a poster, but he simply had seen 80% of the last 20 hands, giggle. Can't imagine what he folded there. Also the blinds were pretty loose, also strange that they both folded)

In an earlier post today, everyone was agreeing that pocket nines were a good hand to 3bet isolate a tight utg raiser. Now that is a clearly wrong play. These plays are marginal PF, but not clearly bad against the given opponents. They are also the perfect opponents to run semibluffs on, since they don't go to showdown without the goods, and are not aggressive. Learn a thing or two, and take a moment to think about these things, before spouting off what the herd seems to think at the moment.