View Single Post
Old 08-15-2005, 02:27 PM

Default Re: Proof that I need a long break?

wow....misplayed on every street.

Your preflop raise has to be at least $5 with a limper. You bet the flop got raised, that got cold called, then you called....I really hate this call after a bet/raise/call to you. I think you are behind at least one of these opponents, and I strongly suspect you are behind both of them. Fold the turn, you shouldn't be in the river, but that's a fold too.

edit: On a side note, your last few hand posts are played like a guy who knows he's going to lose the hand but just can't seem to let it go and can't find it in himself to raise when he knows he's ahead....they are kind of like lost hands where you are playing just like the loose passive fish we make our money on. I really think you should take a week or 3 off, and do anything but poker. Reading books on it is ok, watching it on TV is ok, but do not play. I'd probably not log on to 2+2 during the meantime either. You need to refocus and come back in with a fresh perspective. I did this a while back after a horrendous downturn at 5/10 limit short. I took 2 months off and came back in and started playing NL. It has been an awesome change for me, and maybe something similar would be good for you. Come back refreshed, playing NL is fine, but you need some time to decompress.