View Single Post
Old 08-15-2005, 12:03 PM

Default Re: Dumbest move you\'ve ever made

[ QUOTE ]
I was playing in a limit holdem game once and raised proflop with two queens. I was playing so tight that night (we were 11 handed with wild players) that that most likely meant I had a high pocket pair. One guy decided to call me with QT admittingly knowing he was a dog bc he "makes a lot of boats with that hand" the flop comes QTx and we're betting and raising all the way until the ten on the river where he bets and out of sheer stupidity, I only called his bet. I could have easily made another 2-3 big bets at least in that pot.

[/ QUOTE ]
This play 0WNS Gbob's in a dumb contest.

The one play I always hate remembering though I'm sure I've made dumber was at the final table in an online tourney with some pretty big $ payouts (for me). I had already made at least 1K with 7 people left. There are 2 extreme short stacks (1 has 1-2BBs, 1 had about 4) and I have a fairly large stack though not the biggest sized stack. A big stack pushes in on my BB from the button when I hold 88 and I call. Big stack had been pushing in a ton but still I'm probably racing when I can win at least $1K more by waiting out the short stacks.